So remember last time when I looked for work, applied and got turned down? Well, someone hired me and this entry is the last night before heading off in the morning. I didn’t spend it with loved ones and shit like that. It was with The Gallo Brother and mad packing and trying to get some sleep. Anyway, enjoy this little storytime about Black Barbie heading to Korea.
F. M. Laster
“I’ve been things and seen places.”- Mae West
She Got A Ticket to Ride
I got’s my ticket! Now, I’m off to catch a plane to Korea. Catch a plane. How does one go about catching a plane? Anyway, as usual, I am digressing from what is going on here. Dudes, I’m leaving the country tomorrow and I am so nervous.
As per my contract, I will be reimbursed for my plane ticket, (they better), which is great. I have my visa, passport, money, so I guess I am ready to go. I think that I will exchange money at the airport in Houston; not really sure who will give a better exchange. Then again, I may wait until I am in the country. We shall see.
Go Time Final Things to do
While I am leaving tomorrow at some ungodly hour, I still have a few things to do. They are:
- Sort two large suitcases (keeping them both underweight/or at weight), pack a carry-on and a large purse
- Book my share van or Uber
- Make sure I have tickets, money, pas
- Say my goodbyes
- Head for the airport early in the morning at the ungodly hour of 5:30AM!
- Board two flights and arrive in Seoul
- Find a guy holding a sign with my name on it to take me to the motel for the next few days
- Hope I don’t get sick, fail the medical, then get sent home
Easy right? Anyone can do it, but then again this is me we’re talking about and I can never do anything nice and easy. Well, time to put down the wine and finish up. Here’s hoping for a smooth ride. See you on the other side.